Join committed, skilled and passionate people in the Sunflower Sector of CGI Federal! Our fast growing team is seeking software engineers to work in the Washington, DC metro in the asset management industry on software implementations and customer support. We are looking for naturally curious and detail-oriented individuals who can work both independently and as part of a team to meet deliverables in a timely and efficient manner. Work duties include on-site customer support, system design and development, customization, system integration, system infrastructure support including system patching and maintenance, data migration, and code deployment. All technical team members receive Sunflower software and asset management training prior to providing customer support.
Who we are:
Sunflower is a sector within CGI Federal that offers enterprise asset management solutions specializing in the deployment of software tools and business processes to simplify asset management tasks. Our portfolio of solutions enables organizations to improve decision-making, accountability and regulatory compliance for all types of assets including personal property, real property, IT assets, materials, vehicles, weapons, and more. The Sunflower Asset Management solution is a web-based and mobile enterprise asset management software system used by federal agencies, contractors, national labs, state and local government organizations, and higher educational institutes.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Work closely with customers and functional team members to assist in gathering requirements, developing and documenting the design, developing the solution, unit testing, and implementing technical solutions such as interfaces, extensions, and customizations.
• Identify and resolve application issues.
• Work as a member of a team on software implementations or operations and maintenance engagements.
• Support the development of new software and tools to enhance the company’s software and product offerings.
• Assumes quality assurance responsibility and necessary documentation of assigned tasks.
• Works aggressively to develop his/her technical skills, and learns from more experienced team members.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Systems or equivalent discipline.
• Programming skills in a language such as Java, C/C++, or Python
• Minimum 3 years of experience in SQL and PL/SQL
• Analytical ability and creativity to analyze and implement software solutions that meet business and functional requirements.
• Ability to multitask, prioritize and collaborate with on-site and remote teams.
• Hands on experience to design, code, test, debug, maintain existing or new interfaces, extensions, customizations and reports
• Performance analysis and tuning of reports, interfaces, customizations.
• Strong oral and written communications skills.
• Detail-oriented multi-tasker.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.