CGI is hiring a Database Developer to support a large program. This is an exciting full-time opportunity to join our team in Washington, DC, and grow your career with the 5th largest IT services provider in the world. You will work in a fast-paced environment with a team of passionate technologists. We take an innovative approach to supporting our client, working side-by-side in an agile environment using emerging technologies. As a solution builder, you will be working to support the client’s mission and goals.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Support database management activities and improve DB quality and scripts
• Develop and deploy DB scripts for data quality, stability, and security systems to support maintenance activities that meet or exceed SLAs
• Develop innovative SQL & Oracle PL/SQL solutions
• Expertise of Oracle database performance, integrity, and security
• Experience writing packages, stored procedures, functions, and triggers
• Experience driving data quality and providing production support
• Experience defining and creating data structures for schemas including tables, views, indexes etc.
• Knowledge of best practices for database storage management, high availability, and data replication
• Experience with database tools such as Oracle, MS SQL, Toad, PL/SQL and TSQL
• CI/CD and DevOps experience is a plus.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
An interim Secret clearance is required to begin working onsite with our client, and a Secret clearance must be maintained throughout the project duration. Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required. Preference will be given to candidates with an existing Secret (or higher) clearance.
• A four-year degree is preferred and technical certification in database administration is required.
• Three (3) or more years of experience with database development is necessary.
• Experience with SQL and Oracle PL/SQL database scripting is required.
• Three (3) or more years of experience in database administration is necessary.
- Database Design
- Database Administration
- Oracle DBA Cert Associate
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.