CGI is looking for a talented, driven BI Consultant who has a passion for solving problems to join our team. At CGI, you get to do more than just sling code, you get to build solutions as a full time consultant with a world-class IT company. You will be involved in a mission critical project working with smart, dedicated people like yourself, and making an impact with both internal and client stakeholders. Tired of the same old thing? Take your talents to a company that inspires personal and professional growth and values your ideas.
The environment is dynamic and provides for a very balanced workload. The team is looking for a candidate that is looking to grow their Business Intelligence and Analytics skill set and must be a good culture fit.
Ideal candidate should have a good background with SDLC processes, data architecture, data modeling, ETL architecture and design, and dashboard reporting.
“Charlotte was ranked as America’s ‘Top Tech Town’ by a leading IT association. In October 2018, CompTIA identified Charlotte, NC as the nation’s leader in tech jobs due to our quality of life for tech workers, salaries, job availability, job growth and cost of living."
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Design and implement multi-tier enterprise software for unique and challenging enterprise business problems
• Participate in business process analysis and requirements gathering sessions with business stakeholders while contributing to the design, presentation, and implementation of technical solutions to meet business needs
• Develop, document, and implement data models for OLTP and OLAP systems
• Develop, document, and implement data mappings for ETL implementations
• Contribute in the full software development life cycle from scoping, analysis, design, implementation, and quality assurance to delivery and support
• Assist in pre-sales, scoping and requirements gathering process
• Provide technical guidance and mentoring to junior consultants in best practices in Business Intelligence
• Participate in code reviews with peers and senior technical leaders
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, MIS or directly related field
• 5+ years of experience with Microsoft SQL Server and proficiency in T-SQL
• 5+ years of experience sourcing, star schema & relational data modeling, ETL and processing
• Expert level knowledge around SSIS, SSAS (Multidimensional and Tabular), SSRS, PowerBI and tools such as SSMS and SSDT
• Strong working knowledge and track record of Data Analytics development
• Experience deploying and supporting large scale analytical platforms
• Experience with designing and building end-to-end tabular models in an enterprise environment
• Strong working experience in Microsoft Tabular analysis services
• Experience working with Data Visualization, Auditing, Data Validation, and Data Mining
• Experience with DAX queries
• Experience with MDX queries is a plus
• Experience designing automated processing, data validation, error checks and alerts, and performance testing techniques
• Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication, and time management skills
• Familiarity with big data platforms, tools, and languages such as Hadoop, Spark, Python, etc. is considered a strong plus
• Experience working with SQL Azure and cloud data solutions is a plus
• Multidimensional and Tabular Cube performance tuning and troubleshooting is a plus
• Working in an Agile Development environment is a plus
• Strong written and verbal communications skills to work with your team and with our clients
• Ability to engage in customer settings and discern client business needs
- SQL Server
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.