Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
Do you want to be part of a highly-collaborative team that regularly participates in events like happy hours and Nationals games? Do you want to be in an environment where you're working hand-in-hand with the government customer and have a true understanding of their exciting and impactful work? If so, then this position is a fit for you!
CGI is seeking a ServiceNow Technical Lead for our federal customer in Washington, DC. The customer is in a Metro-accessible location. We're responsible for delivering a new system built on a custom COTS (ServiceNow) platform. The Technical Lead will lead and support a highly-skilled technical team, provide technical direction, as well as serve as the ServiceNow Subject Matter Expert (SME). This person will serve as the thought leader and visionary for the clients and stakeholders, communicating successfully the vision that will best serve the client, while leveraging ServiceNow. The Technical Lead will work to provide the client a situational web application for both event planning and event execution functions that enables unified logistics planning, provisioning, scheduling and cost tracking actions and mobility surrounding protective, investigative, training or administrative events.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- The Technical Lead is responsible for leading/supporting the technical team, providing technical direction and serving as the ServiceNow Subject Matter Expert (SME).
- Identify and mitigate development and technical risks while also contributing to the Agile process by providing research, design ideas, ServiceNow best practices and contributions to the development.
- Work with the clients to shape the technical direction and provide an understanding of the advantages and disadvantages to various technical approaches.
- Identify resources required for tasks.
- Perform development tasks.
- Participate in Agile ceremonies.
- Possess expert knowledge and experience in ServiceNow.
- Provide daily supervision and direction to support staff.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Due to the nature of the government contract requirements and/or clearance requirements, US citizenship is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
- Must have 15 years professional technical experience. 4 of those years must be in ServiceNow development.
- Hands-on application development experience in ServiceNow.
- Experience in an Agile development environment.
- AngularJS development experience.
- ServiceNow certification(s): System Administration, Application Development, and/or Implementation;
- Experience with scoped applications in ServiceNow.
- Current active DHS EOD or active DoD Secret.
- Prior experience working for/on federal client site.
- ServiceNow certifications (System Administration, Application Development, Implementation).
- React framework experience.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.