Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is seeking an experienced Federal Financial Analyst to work on site in Rockville, MD. In this role you will support the project by providing your expertise, guidance, consultation, facilitation, and thought leadership to the client and/or project team. We are looking for a candidate who has experience with federal financial management, using the Momentum application. The position requires hands-on experience in multiple functional areas within federal government financial management.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Conduct analysis on problems independently, research and recommend solution alternatives, and execute remedial steps to address business process gaps, data issues, and external interface issues.
- Provide functional support for testing such as developing test scenarios and documentation and performing validation testing for the core Momentum application and reports.
- Provide functional support for implementation activities, such as requirements analysis, development of design and configuration document, system testing, support client User Acceptance Testing (UAT) effort
- Daily interaction with the client and project manager.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Minimum 3 yrs of relevant experience.
- Experience with federal financial systems preferred.
- Experience with federal accounting principles preferred.
- Experience with Momentum Financials preferred. - Proficient in SQL with experience writing queries (table joins, inner/outer joins, etc.)
- Excellent oral and written communication capabilities and techniques (working side-by-side with government counterparts).
- Self starter, quick learner, and team player.
- Be flexible to put in the hours needed to meet tight deadlines; Flexibility to work around client's schedule. Must be able to work in a team environment
- Due to the nature of the contract, US citizenship is required. Must be able to obtain an agency specific clearance.
- Momentum Financials
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.