Meet our professionals
CGI: A company committed to clients
CGI Global Infrastructure Solutions is looking for a Sr. Network Administrator to join our growing team. The successful candidate will provide network administration and support of our large multi-tenant data center and network.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Monitor and maintain network related equipment in all sites, respond to alerts, and mitigate outages
• Manage network performance and maintain network security, reliability, scalability, capacity planning and expansion
• Install all network related hardware/software and establish and implement network policies, procedures and standards in accordance with company objectives and security standards
• Manage WAN/LAN/routing/ACLs/Policies as well as, patching/updates of network devices and the overall health of the network infrastructure
• Perform router/switch/firewall management and configuration
• Manage/monitoring of wired/wireless infrastructure, including infrastructure failover testing
• Participate in vulnerability assessments, penetration tests, working with 3rd party auditors and internal security organizations
• Create and maintain current network design, flow documentation
• Triage and escalation path for elevated problems and incidents
• Participate in weekly change management meetings
• IT projects as assigned by management
• Participates in a rotational on-call roster that serves as an escalation point during nights/weekends
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- Minimum of 5 - 8 years’ experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or similar preferred
- Knowledge of TCP/IP fundamentals, IP sub netting, routing protocols (OSPF, BGP), and network management
- Experience with point-to-point, VPN, and other WAN connectivity options
- Experience with switching, VLANs, VRF and related technologies
- Experience with Cisco switches and routers, including Nexus, series switches and ASR routers
- Cisco CCNA / CCNP certification preferred
- Experience with network security, including firewalls and VPNs
- Experience with Cisco ASA firewalls and Checkpoint preferred
- Significant experience with Fortinet firewalls preferred
- Experience with F5 load balancers preferred
- Experience with Barracuda and Juniper Firewall Management
- Must be able to pass all required CGI background checks
- Candidates must be flexible to work overnight and weekend coverage shifts.
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Fortinet, CISCO and Juniper Firewall Management 5 + Years High
VPN, and other connectivity to Cloud 5 + years High
IP Connectivity and Network Security 5 + Years High
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
Skill Set Years of Experience Proficiency Level
Network Architect design 5 + Years High
Excellent written and oral communication 5 + Years High
- VPN (Virtual Private Network)
- Problem Solving/DecisionMaking
- Communication (Oral/Written)
- Network Administration
- Customer Service & Support
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.