Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI Federal is looking for a web developer to support the TRADOC G2 Core, Operational Environment Support Division (OESD). The developer will use a combination of markup languages, framework and design skills to create custom websites and graphic web-based elements.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The TRADOC G2 (OEC) OESD develops and delivers the operational environment in support of Operational and Institutional force training. A web design front-end development subject matter expert for the TRADOC G2, OEC - Information Operation Network (ION). This position is responsible for designing and editing custom user-facing code and architecture for the ION project life cycle. Based off the guidance of the Project Manager, and Senior Web Designer, this position has the freedom to develop custom visual designs tailored to each unique customers’ requirements. This may entail working closely with military intelligence and exercise specific leadership to accurately identify specific training requirements within the operational environment. Through structure, data, design, content and functionality, the ION Web Designer will assist in recommendations and solutions to influence final design products. The ION project currently maintains upwards of 200+ websites on a continual basis, as well as constantly creating new websites to meet ongoing demands.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
• Synchronizes and integrates all ION aspects of exercise support provided by the TRADOC G2 (OEC) including; liaison with other TRADOC G2 (OEC) training enablers.
• Integrates TRADOC G2 (OEC) Information Operations Network (ION) social media replication capabilities into exercise support package content prior to the exercise and dynamically during exercise execution.
• Participates in exercise life cycle planning conferences as required for ION assigned exercises including conducting pre-planning conference via VTC or Telecom meetings to scope and refine training unit requirements.
• Coordinates as required directly with training units or training support organizations to integrate TRADOC G2 (OEC) ION exercise support capabilities.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Familiarity with front-end frameworks, such as jQuery and Bootstrap.
• Familiarity with various Content Management Systems.
• Experience with Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator. With skills to lead and handle advanced graphic design, image manipulation and programming solutions.
• Demonstrated knowledge of cross-browser debugging and testing.
• Easily recognize various coding deficiencies and implement effective solutions.
• Communicate and enforce coding standards.
• Fluidly work with the ION team and clients to effectively understand specific goals, direction, and needs to execute individual organizational directives.
• Consistently deliver high-quality products, often within strict timelines.
• Ability to work as a member of a team with a customer-oriented mindset required.
• Provide access to a portfolio of your professional work.
• An Associate’s degree or higher in related field.
• An active Secret security clearance or the ability to obtain one.
• Former senior Army Officer (Lieutenant Colonel preferred), Warrant Officer (CW4 preferred), or senior Non-Commissioned Officer (Sergeant Major preferred) with training/ground operations experience.
• Exercise design, Scenario Management, MSEL synchronization, experience required.
Secret Clearance Required
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.