Meet our professionals
CGI: An employer of choice
CGI, a leader in providing IT and Business Processing Outsourcing Services, is seeking a Senior Business Analyst for a public sector client in Puerto Rico. The position requires an energetic professional who is a self-starter with strong communication, problem solving, and organizational skills.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Identify and validate clients’ business needs and requirements
• Participate in and/or lead requirements workshops/JAD sessions to identify business needs and requirements
• Document current business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts, and propose changes/updates to business processes, business flows, rules and artifacts.
• Produce detailed requirements documents, including use cases and requirements traceability matrices
• Participate in Unit/System Testing & Quality Assurance
• Excellent client interaction skills in support of formal requirements gathering sessions (e.g., JAD sessions), as well as informal requirements sessions (e.g., one-on-one potentially with senior level staff)
• Prototyping user interface designs
• Lead user testing sessions
• Meet tight project deadlines according to release schedules
• Managing and escalating issues/risks for resolution
• Experience with creating and interpreting SQLs
• Provide production support for functionality in production
• Ability to evaluate environmental changes to determine impact to clients' needs
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Five years previous BA experience
• Strong analytical and organizational skills
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Experience working with SQL server database software
• Experience with office productivity tools (e.g., Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.) and groupware applications (e.g., Microsoft SharePoint)
• Excellent client interaction skills in support
• Experience working with Relational Database software (e.g. Microsoft SQL Server)
• Three years writing and interpreting SQLs
• Experience with unit and system testing
•Candidate must be bilingual in English and Spanish
DESIRED QUALIFICATIONS/NON-ESSENTIAL SKILLS REQUIRED
•Experience working with Business Objects or other BI software
•Experience working with Business Process Management software (e.g. Metastorm)
- Business Analysis
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.