CGI’s 40 years of insurance experience includes policy, claims and billing system implementations across the globe and the development of innovative solutions such as Ratabase, the industry’s leading rating and product configuration software. We are looking for an exceptional Human Centered Design (HCD) expert to join our team.
This role will engage and lead business partners in understanding and applying human centered design methods to improve the Ratabase User Experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Provide strategic design leadership to projects that span across multiple business teams
• Conduct and lead HCD thinking analysis and synthesis activities to turn insights into new solution offerings
• Facilitate customer journey mapping, workshops, and other design insight and ideation sessions
• Craft and lead collaborative workshops to elicit input and direction, guide the conversation, and actively engage participants, working visually in real-time to express concepts and facilitate discussion.
• Prepare documentation that effectively articulates design insights, opportunities, innovative design concepts, and value propositions.
• Create cross-channel proofs of concept and design prototypes.
• Work closely with clients, users and team members to create compelling and cohesive user interface designs, as well as unified deliverables that adeptly tell the design story relative to the target audience.
• Participate in the design, execution and analysis of user research.
• Work collaboratively with other designers, developers, solution architects, and project managers throughout the software build process, resolving problems that arise by proposing and articulating design solutions, creating image assets, and defining specifications.
• Develop team capabilities to grow the quality, consistency, and efficiency of the Customer Experience (CX).
• Design group's human-centered design processes, methods, tools and techniques.
• Monitor customer experience trends, best practices, and opportunities for innovation across Insurance and Finance industries to inspire an evolving HCD discipline.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Bachelor's degree
• Six plus of years related End User Experience Design work experience
• Relevant experience in insurance technology
• Proven insurance technology recent experience resulting in savings and efficiencies
• Proficient in using Adobe Creative Suite, Balsamiq, Sketch and InVision, but adept with a marker and a whiteboard
• Expertise and practice using the Human-Centered Design approach to problem solving (Inspiration, Ideation, Implementation) and using design thinking to explore innovative solutions to unmet needs and opportunities
• Experience designing customer experiences for major products and/or services for significant brands and/or large companies, with examples to showcase
• Ability to analyze, synthesize, and communicate large quantities of information and convert into effective recommendations and actions
• Significant experience as a design workshop facilitator
• Must be located within proximity of a CGI Office. The office location will determine the amount of travel required which could be up to 60%.
• Experience creating intuitive, accessible designs through the entire experience lifecycle, from the first-time user to the expert
• Ability to lead cross-functional teams to deliver on initiatives from conception through completion on time, within budget, and on (or beyond) scope
• Strategic thinking and planning capabilities; proven organization skills and detail oriented with ability to be flexible and work with ambiguity
• Effective written, verbal and presentation skills
• Influencing skills
- UX requirements
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, sex, religion, creed, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, military and veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation or perceived sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, and gender expression, familial status, political affiliation, genetic information, or any other legally protected status or characteristics.
CGI provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you need an accommodation to apply for a job in the U.S., please email the CGI U.S. Employment Compliance mailbox at US_Employment_Compliance@cgi.com. You will need to reference the requisition number of the position in which you are interested. Your message will be routed to the appropriate recruiter who will assist you. Please note, this email address is only to be used for those individuals who need an accommodation to apply for a job. Emails for any other reason or those that do not include a requisition number will not be returned.
We make it easy to translate military experience and skills! Click here to be directed to our site that is dedicated to veterans and transitioning service members.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary dependent upon specific assignment and/or level of US government security clearance held.
CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI’s legal duty to furnish information.