Are you a compelling communicator and a natural motivator, you get the very best from enthusiastic teams of experts whose professional growth you nurture. Are you self motivated and excellent at multi-tasking
We are looking for a HR Business Partner with a heavy focus on the people aspects of large bids and proposals, TUPE transfers, merger and acquisitions. In this exciting, fast paced, commercial role you will need to work collaboratively with the wider HR team (COE, Reward, HRBP, etc.) as well as a wide variety of senior business stakeholders across the different areas of the business. This role would be ideal for a HR professional with extensive experience of working on proposals and bids, managing TUPE transfers in both the private and public sector, running restructuring programmes and working with trade unions.
From public service systems to cutting-edge commercial projects, our work has a wide reach, helping make the everyday easier, for everyone. We’re a Top 100 employer so when you start your CGI story, not only will you be improving people’s lives, you can be sure we’ll do the same for you. And the even better news? Our collaborative teams will keep you inspired and will support you to do what you do best, better. Bring your talent to CGI and help us deliver the future, now.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Manage HR business development and transition activities across the UK business including identifying any additional resource needs
• Design and shape the HR solution to support the technical proposal or bid (e.g. workforce planning, cost analysis, risk analysis and employment law aspects)
• Responsible for all HR aspects of proposals and bids including calculating all HR costs (e.g. redundancy and pension costs), contract schedule review and negotiation, writing proposal responses, design and delivery of detailed HR transition plans in line with the technical solution and client requirements
• Advise and influence senior managers and key stakeholders
• Project manage TUPE transfers in and out which may include multiple parties and multiple transition dates
• Lead TUPE consultation with employee representatives and/or trade unions
• Plan and lead any associated restructuring programmes
• Attend client debriefs and use this information to plan for future propositions
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The ideal person for this role will have proven experience in a similar role within an IT outsourcing or IT consultancy organisation and will therefore have a good understanding of how IT proposal and bid processes work in both the private and public sector. You will have proven experience of managing the people related elements of proposals and bids from start to finish. This will include shaping the HR solution, calculating costs, identifying and costing risks, proposal writing, negotiating contract schedules, designing HR transition plans, project managing TUPE transfers in and out and where appropriate leading redundancy programmes.
Essential skills/experience includes:
• excellent knowledge of the TUPE Regulations and other associated employment laws
• strong commercial acumen
• TUPE transfer and merger and acquisition experience
• experience across public and private sectors
• experience of identifying and managing risks associated with the HR elements of TUPE transitions
• excellent proposal writing skills
• an ability to juggle multiple projects all at different stages including working to multiple deadlines
• strong stakeholder management experience
• strong transformational and cultural change programme skills
• experience of working with trade unions
• ability to travel including occasional overnight stays
Other desirable experience/skills
• experience of playing a key role in commercial/legal negotiations
• awareness of New Fair Deal for Pensions within the Public Sector
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.