Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world? We are looking to bring on board a Junior Software Engineer into our office in Aberdeen. The role is highly varied and will give you exposure to many areas of application support and development, including client interfacing, bug fixing, coding, internal and external reporting, change management, testing and documentation. This is a genuinely diverse role that will see you working in a brilliant team environment, full of highly conscientious members that are supported by a first class management team.
Our Upstream Oil and Gas Application Support Centre provides application support and development across a number of UK clients. Our software provides solutions to several operators, and our application provides personnel and certification tracking for over 50 oil and gas operators worldwide. We currently provide support and maintenance services for these systems as well as ongoing consultancy, enhancement and development services.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Developing new code to enhance the functionality in accordance with business change and technical specifications.
• Delivery of agreed upgrade, enhancement and patching activities
• Creating Unit, System Integration and End-to-end test specifications
• Technical resolution of service-affecting incidents in line with agreed resolution targets
• Investigation and resolution of root cause of service-affecting incidents
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Java, Oracle, SQL experience
• Proactive and inquisitive approach
• Diligent and process driven
• Genuine team player
• Experience of designing, coding and debugging applications in various software languages.
• Experience of software analysis, code analysis, requirements analysis and software review.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.