Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
Be part of something exciting. Do you want to take control of your future? Are you ready for the responsibility of working with high profile clients in the world’s most exciting sectors? Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world who will give you a direct stake in its success?
We currently have an exciting opportunity as a DBA Lead to join one of the Top Employer’s in the UK to assist us in continuing to deliver cutting-edge solutions into our financial services clients.
This role is ideally to be based out of our Bristol offices but we will consider Milton Keynes and London. You will need a degree of mobility required to travel as needed.
Your future duties and responsibilities
CGI are looking to recruit a DBA Manager with Middleware expertise to make a difference to projects in the Financial Services sector. Working within our Database and Middleware Services team, the successful candidate will help:
- You will be responsible for leading the internal operations of one or more functions.
- You will be actively involved in the smooth running of the team working typically managing and co-ordinating one or more areas of delegated responsibility.
- May be involved in a broad range of activities or have one or more key activities for which they are responsible.
- Provide advice, guidance and assistance to team-members and a variety of key stakeholders
- Assist with the strategic technical direction of the team.
- Ensuring resource management and planning
- Assist with bids and other business development opportunities.
- Lead the development and review of relevant software, database- and middleware-related standards and best practices.
- Project assignment for members, including commercial diligence around project budget / milestones.
- Effective handling of escalations.
- Defines and initiates wide-ranging process improvement activities. Demonstrates an excellent understanding of their delegated function, providing analysis and recommendations for business efficiency and improvement.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
You will need to demonstrate a selection of skills across Database Administration and Database Management (e.g. Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL), Middleware technologies (e.g. IBM Websphere, Oracle Weblogic, Tomcat, JBOSS) and Cloud Platforms (Azure, AWS, Oracle Cloud). Any particular expertise in Oracle Exadata, RAC, DataGuard, EBS and across domains such as cyber-security, cloud-provision, performance tuning would be beneficial.
You will need to be an excellent communicator and enjoy working collaboratively, with a flexible and enthusiastic approach to their work. You will need to be comfortable with working autonomously and be tenacious, quality-driven and with great attention to detail. Knowledge of ITIL principals, analytical skills and problem-solving ability would also be useful.
- Strategic Thinking
- Stakeholder & Ext Rel Mgmt
- Process Improve/Bus Transform
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
- Database Mgmt Systems DBMS
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.