Do you want to take your career to the next level as part of one of the big five IT and business process firms in the world who will give you a direct stake in its success? Come and join us a Systems Safety Engineer. Joining our South Business Unit, you will be working across Health, Local, Payroll, Oil & Gas, Manufacturing, Retail and Distribution Industries. You will be providing System Safety expertise to safety related bids and projects, Safety Management advice, both technical and administrative and the development of Safety Engineering artefacts such as Safety Management Plans, Hazard Logs, Safety Case and Safety Case Reports.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Your remit will see you supporting bid safety risk assessment, development, maintenance and implementation of System Safety assurance processes documented in Safety Management Plans. This will naturally be based on appropriate standards. You will also conduct System Safety analysis of CGI supply scope to determine risks and mitigation strategies and prepare and manage System Safety Cases for multiple projects.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience in a similar role
• The ability to communicate safety issues effectively to stakeholders,
• Formal safety requirements and standards (e.g. IEC 61508, DO-178B/C, DefStan 00-56 or DCB0129),
• A familiarity with hazard identification and analysis techniques,
• An understanding of safety risk assessment, safety Case production and management, Legal and Regulatory environments,
• Application of System Safety Engineering techniques in IT systems, either by design experience or in a Safety Engineering role
• An understanding of the issues when using commercial software (COTS) in safety-related applications is essential for this role
•Knowledge of commercial issues and constraints, NHS safety standard DCB0129, Safety Auditing and Software Engineering would be highly beneficial
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.