We have an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to join a small UK team to deliver a significant change to our clients IT infrastructure. We are looking for a Solution Architect to lead on the solution design and documentation for a large scale transformation of a monolithic client server application into NoSQL data layer and containerised MicroServices.
Experience of containers and MicroServices is essential for this role.
This programme will be delivering in a hybrid delivery model, so experience of Agile, Waterfall and Iterative Waterfall will be a bonus.
Essential to the role:
• Excellent knowledge of the Balancing and Settlement Code (BSC) specially SVA and CVA elements
• Overall lead SME for one of the BSC Agents- providing business and functional knowledge
• Provide regular Service Improvement suggestions and ensure the SIs for CVA are progressed
• Undertake research or build Proofs of Concept that could lead to additional chargeable work or improved operations in relation to CVA
• Liaise with the client on any application design matters arising from Modifications or Change Proposals
• Problem Management – own problems assigned to the Design Authority, ensuring compliance against our commitments to the clients
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Demonstrable solution architecture experience within enterprise environments.
• The production of High Level and Detailed Design Artefacts and Architecture documentation.
• An understanding of or exposure to formal architectural methodologies (e.g. TOGAF or Zachman)
• Mature requirements management capability and benefit driven design approach.
• A strong understanding of Agile and test driven delivery.
• A broad technical exposure to architectural concepts around Middleware, Data Services, SOA, Contemporary Web Applications all within modern deployment environments.
• Experienced in the use of Open Source technologies and components to deliver enterprise class solutions.
• The use of database technologies including classical RDBMS and NoSQL.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Qualifications - TOGAF certified - or demonstrable experience in Solution Architecture
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.