Meet our professionals
CGI UK - Careers at CGI - Be part of something
If you’re looking for a challenge that stretches your talents and you want to make a real difference in people’s lives, come and help us support the digital transformation of the UK. You’ll work with high profile public and commercial clients, delivering improvements to complex systems that make the everyday simpler.
At CGI you’ll be a member not an employee and you’ll find a friendly, collaborative environment where your ambition is rewarded. Curious?
Business is transforming fast and, at CGI, you’ll be at the centre of a digital revolution. As one of the largest independent technology and business services companies in the world, we can deliver exciting opportunities for you to build your career.
Alongside a competitive salary, we offer you access to our share scheme (3% + 3% matching) making you a member not just an employee. You also have the option to benefit from private medical and dental insurance, flexible retirement options, childcare vouchers and a cycle to work scheme.
As for the future? We work as one team, and are a Top 100 employer. Be a successful part of our story and we’ll support you in taking your career anywhere you want it to go.
Our roles are only available if you hold or fulfil the criteria to obtain a UK Security Clearance.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Raising updating and managing defects using StarTeam.
- Problem solving of technical issues by liaising with a multidisciplinary team.
- Update the project manager as required, ensuring that a plan reflects the work undertaken and progress made.
- Producing quality gate documentation ensuring it is reviewed and formally issued.
- Proactively ensuring environmental needs are identified and appropriate requests made via CASD or to the activity lead and ensuring any delays in provision are reported and noted in the progress tracker.
- Proposing Continuing Service Improvements both within this specific role and across the wider application team.
- Attend team meetings and contribute as appropriate.
- Resolve application defect raised during pen testing.
- Windows Operating Systems Administration both server and client.
- Analytical trouble shooting.
- Design, Integration & V&V.
- Perform & review application assessments & designs.
- Ensuring Server & Client base test instances are built or supplied according to the specified build specification.
- Importing server and application components into the test environment ready for deployment.
- Deploying server and application components and configuration to test instances.
- Writing and executing test cases to confirm correct working of the migrated application in the test environment and particularly touch-points with the infrastructure.
- Performing customer trials.
- Support security teams in assessing and validating application and infrastructure requirements.
- Software installation.
- Document (technical) Authoring.
- Integration (primarily software though occasionally specific hardware issues might arise).
- Unit and Integration Testing.
- Problem Investigation and Resolution.
- Development of scripts to automate installations and provide integration.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
The successful candidate will have a track record of the following:
- Integration of different software solutions on various hardware platforms.
- Producing Integration test plans.
- Producing integration test scripts.
- Working in a secure environment.
Working knowledge WMWare
Scripting (.VBS, Powershell, CMD, Batch)
NTFS file permissions
ALM test tool
Networking (Lan & Wan)
Our projects are based in a CGI office or client site but may require travel to other locations.
The successful candidate must be able to spend time working away from home, if required.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.