Come join our talented team of testing professionals in the Czech Republic! Our professionals take a cognitive approach to testing across a variety of platforms, and have hands-on experience within numerous industries, including banking, automotive, telco and energy. We deliver a diverse range of high-value testing services, from agile, through system integration, to user acceptance testing, test automation and more. In addition, through CGI’s testing university - TestUNI, we offer learning and development to boost our experts’ skills, no matter their level of experience.
Your future duties and responsibilities
What will you do?
• International project
Implementation of a new version of CGI Payment engine – a top product globally; designed and developed in the Czech Republic. Team in Prague and Ostrava. Communication with clients in English.
• Highly complex system, back-end tests
Payment processing engine is a highly complex, configurable and customizable system. Testers have to get overview across the whole system, not only selected modules. It is mostly tested on the back-end and require decent technical IT skills.
• Context-driven testing
Thoroughness is important, but executing the same prepared steps repeatedly in the same way is not enough. In order to find out the essential information on the software,
we ask about the tests’ purpose and added value, we prioritize, combine and think … and consider the most adequate and efficient test approach (among many possible in complex systems). We present and justify the resulting approach to the team and client. High status of testers in our teams and by clients will not be the only reward.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
What do we expect from you?
• Tester mind-set - curiosity, exploratory skills, open-mindedness, sense of detail while being aware of the “big picture"
• Critical thinking
• Ability to identify and gather quality-related information within given project context
• Ability to map/learn large information structures quickly
• Experience in practical testing (3+ years, 2+ projects) including back-end and interface tests
• Supervision to junior colleagues
• Test and bug management tools
• Interest and solid IT overview
• Databases and SQL skills for testing purposes
• Effective communication with others in figuring out solutions to complex problems
• English at B2+ level. German is advantage.
What do we offer?
• Professional development in our CGI TestUNI programme (Context-driven, Test automation...)
• Opportunity to become shareholder of CGI
• Participation on CGI profit
• Cafeteria to support your leisure activities
• Possibility of international deployments and job rotations
• 900 CZK per month for Benefit plus programme
• 105 CZK meal vouchers
• Multisport card
• 5 weeks of vacation, 3 sick-days
• Fully paid sick leave (30 days/year)
• and many more!
- Test Strategies
- Test Planning & Implementation
- Testing Environments
- Test Management
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.