We are currently looking for a Developer/DevOps for some client initiatives in Montreal.
Your future duties and responsibilities
- Responsibility includes software updates, configuration and support of all components and infrastructure of the production system.
- Supporting, developing and maintaining software applications, building systems, owning related processes and providing frequent, high-quality releases.
- Troubleshoot technical or functional problems in a complex financial environment to provide rapid resolution, with diverse and global applications and platforms.
- Develop applications to automate manual operational tasks and create monitoring tools and customized real-time reports.
- Collaborate with application development and support teams in New York, Chicago, Montreal, Paris, Sydney, London, Bangalore and Hong Kong. Work according to the "follow-the-sun" model.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Experience as a developer, preferably .Net
• Sql Server or Oracle experience, and good understanding of relational databases and queries.
• Good English communication.
- Must be energetic, autonomous, and have the ability to build and maintain long-term relationships with companies and colleagues.
- Ability to solve problems with a keen eye for detail and a strong desire to learn and bring solutions and ideas to the team.
- Exceptional analytical skills, and the ability to apply knowledge and experience to propose creative and viable value-driven solutions.
- Autonomy, independence and ease in a fast-paced, ambiguous and matrix environment.
- Manage multiple tasks and use judgement to set priorities and take the next step to achieve desired results.
- Experience in development, support or development at all stages (creation, analysis, design, implementation, execution, maintenance and support)
- Ability to work with complex information systems
- Written and spoken autonomy in English
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies
A plus :
- Knowledge of the world of market finance (equity markets, interest rates, derivatives, etc.)
- Experience with one or more :
- Source Control Management Systems (SCM)
- Continuous integration (Jenkins, XLDeploy)
- experience in programming in a structured, object-oriented language (C#, Java, etc.)
- Good knowledge of Agile and Continuous delivery (CI/CD, Jenkins, docker, kubernetes, etc)
- Building systems (Maven)
- Code quality (Sonar)
- Automated acceptance tests (Cucumber or Specflow).
- Knowledge of FIX and other order/rfq/trading protocols
- UnderstandingTIBCO technologies
- Sense of organisation, methodical, analytical
- Communication skills
- SQL - SQL Server
- • C#
- Agile Scrum
- Continuous Delivery & CI Implementation
- TDD (Test Driven Development)
- Education and level of experience: University Degree: Business Informatics, Computer Science, Computer Engineer
- 2 or more years of IT experience in a complex information systems environment
- Experience in corporate and investment banking or finance an asset
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.