CGI is the World’s 5th largest independent IT and business process services company. We provide high-end business and IT Consulting, Systems Integration and IT & Business Management services. CGI has over 100+ IP-based business solutions in 40 countries spanning Financial Services, Government, Healthcare, Manufacturing, Retail, Telecommunications, Utilities and Oil & Gas. We are a proven and demonstrated success, achieving an industry-leading track record of on-time, on-budget projects and innovative solutions.
This is a great opportunity to become an employee of the CGI Group in Edmonton to provide leading IT services to our clients. We are seeking a Senior PowerBuilder Systems Analyst who has a minimum of 5 years of post-graduate experience in a systems analyst role. The candidate will have an aptitude for learning new technologies and be strong team player.
This position will challenge the successful candidate to develop and enhance their technical skills; further develop their analysis, leadership and interpersonal skills and gain experience with industry leading methodologies for service support, systems development and quality assurance (ISO 9001, ITIL, CMMI). It is an excellent opportunity for an individual wanting to progress their career.
Your future duties and responsibilities
Our ideal candidate will:
• Have strong PowerBuilder skills across multiple releases (v10+ to 12.5)
• Have strong SQL Skills including PL/SQL, Procedures, Triggers, Cursors
• Have at least 5+ years programmer analyst experience using object oriented concepts
• Have experience with PowerBuilder Foundation Class Library
• Have strong oral and written communication and documentation skills
• Have interest in working in a Support, Maintenance and Enhancement environment
• Have good problem solving skills.
• Be comfortable diving into data, documents, and code to gain a thorough understanding of solution
• Have the ability to confidently articulate alternatives and recommendations to clients in response to their needs and problems
• Be able to balance a workload which may involve new activities and changing priorities
• Take ownership over a piece of work and see it through to successful completion
• Have the ability to manage expectations with client in terms of scope, schedule, budget, quality, what is expected of the client
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
Our ideal candidate should have:
• PowerBuilder 2017 experience
• Microsoft Visual Studio with C# / .NET language experience
• Team Foundation Server experience
• Experience with Oracle RDBMS v10+ and/or DB2 RDBMS v8+
• Have the ability to take ownership of a process and improve it
• Have the ability to participate and add value to all aspects of process lifecycle, including: scoping and estimation, requirements and analysis, development and testing, implementation
• Have experience with the Environment and Resources sector
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.