Meet our professionals
CGI Canada - Ready For This
This is an exciting opportunity to join CGI, a world-class IT company, for a permanent position in Vancouver, BC, where we provide leading IT services to our local clients that help make a difference in the lives of the people of British Columbia. The Agile Coach will lead and mentor a team of dedicated experts, drawing on CGI’s global capabilities as well as their own experience, to expand and formalize the local Agile practice, provide Agile based service delivery and effect organizational change and transformation for CGI’s clients in British Columbia.
Your future duties and responsibilities
The Agile Coach will provide ‘change agent’ leadership in the area of agile and iterative project management best practices and provide direct coaching and support to projects. The successful candidate will have strong Project Management experience to provide direct support of larger projects and will provide SME support for other teams to drive Agile at the enterprise and line of business level.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
- 5 years of experience in an agile delivery / transformation / training / coaching role (mandatory)
- 3+ years experience defining and leading introduction of Agile processes within a multi-team environment
- Experience of at least 2 Agile software development methodologies (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, XP etc.)
- 2+ projects serving as a coach for teams transitioning to Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong experience in coaching and communicating effectively
- Strong organizational change management orientation
- Experienced negotiator
- Effective communicator at all levels, both in structured and non-hierarchical, informal structures
- Politically savvy and sensitive to diversity
- Hands-on experience and accountability for delivery outcomes using Agile practices
- Able to enable and maintain processes and communications to support geographically distributed agile delivery
- Certified or equivalent experience in at least one Agile delivery framework (e.g. SAFe, LeSS)
- Knowledge of creating Agile frameworks for project team assessments
- Experience selecting and using tools to manage Agile projects (e.g. JIRA, Azure DevOps, Version One, Rally)
- Experience in implementing DevOps is considered an asset
- Project Management
- Certified ScrumMaster
- Prof Scrum Master
- Scrum Master
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.