New Positions Available in Scarborough!
We have immediate needs with our Financial Client based in Toronto. Successful candidates will have a strong background in Java/Spring Boot.
As a Senior Software Developer, you will have an opportunity to work on a range of challenging projects related to the transformation of a variety of financial applications.
You will have strong collaboration skills to work with cross functional teams and stakeholders to ensure requirements are translated into specific solutions.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• Understands and deliver the client requirements thoroughly.
• Convert the client documents into a solution document.
• Understand the web service call to and from the application and change the web service call as part of the transformation as needed.
• Build micro services to transform the existing application.
• Reverse engineer to understand the end to end flow of the existing application to transform and build a strong diagram with the understanding of the document.
• Deliver the services in an agile environment.
• Create the user stories for each sprint and deliver the services based on the defined activities.
• Coordinate with client and offshore team as needed to provide solution and deliver the required services.
• Identify and mitigate risks to program delivery and schedule.
• Participate in status meetings, report and communicate on status to ensure we maintain quality service level.
• Identify, analyze and escalate any issues, risks or changes as required.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• 8+ years of experience as a full stack developer preferred.
• Strong in creating the functional and technical document.
• Deep knowledge in web services, analyzing the web logs and identifying the issues through web logs.
• Expert in Java and the Springboot framework is a must.
• Hands on experience in REST and SOAP services.
• Experience in Caching technology.
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer. In addition, CGI is committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities in accordance with provincial legislation. Please let us know if you require a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during any aspect of the recruitment process and we will work with you to address your needs.