* Position is based in BELGIUM, if you don't live there please revert to one of our local CGI offices worldwide*
CGI is hiring a COBOL developer with a good command of Powerbuilder, for an immediate starts for an exciting project in the Government sector.
As a medior Powerbuilder developer, you should have a superior software development background and be able to facilitate, design, and develop technical solutions for existing applications and processes.
You will interact with Lead Developers, System Analysts, Business Users, Architects, Test Analysts, Project Managers and peer developers to analyze system requirements, design and develop software solutions and enhancements.
Technical solutions and supporting deliverables will be constructed to enable the client to accomplish its business objectives.
Your future duties and responsibilities
• You will provide expert level IT technical services and technical expertise in systems, technical infrastructure, tools, modeling, external interfaces, and other technical areas.
• You will complete complex development, design, implementation, architecture design specification, and maintenance activities.
• You may approve technical solutions proposed by team members and elevate complex technical issues to IT experts, including architects.
• You will be expected to recommend development options, including design, build, and test. Approve the team's technical deliverables. Conduct testing, including functionality, technical limitations, and security.
• One of your responsibilities may be leading the delivery teams from end-to-end delivery standpoint.
• You will resolve technical problems discovered by the team and internal clients. Responding in a timely manner. Researching issues and performing root cause analysis.
Required qualifications to be successful in this role
• Excellent Communication Skills
• Experience with Agile Methodology
• Fluent in French and English, Dutch Knowledge is a plus.
Must Have Technical Skills:
Experience in application software design, development, and implementing of medium-to-large scale client server systems and applications.
Experience unit testing and performing peer reviews of developed code to insure conformity to standards and design best practices.
experience in programming on Powerbuilder (version 12.5.2 or above).
a good command of COBOL (COBOL Server Support et Visual COBOL for Eclipse Support - version 2.3.Update 2 or a more recent version )
A good knowledge of PERL (ActivePerl Edition 18.104.22.1682 )
Basic knowledge in Front-End Java (from Java 1.8, with Tomcat 8.5 server)
- Web Application Development
What you can expect from us
Build your career with us.
It is an extraordinary time to be in business. As digital transformation continues to accelerate, CGI is at the center of this change—supporting our clients’ digital journeys and offering our professionals exciting career opportunities.
At CGI, our success comes from the talent and commitment of our professionals. As one team, we share the challenges and rewards that come from growing our company, which reinforces our culture of ownership. All of our professionals benefit from the value we collectively create.
Be part of building one of the largest independent technology and business services firms in the world.
Learn more about CGI at www.cgi.com.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
CGI is an equal opportunity employer.