- UTILITIES HOME
- MEDIA CENTER
- CONTACT US
CGI's PragmaLINE outage management solution minimizes the disruption and cost of power outages by automating and optimizing outage detection, reporting, and restoration processes. With CGI's utility industry experts and PragmaLINE solution, utility providers improve network reliability, outage response and restoration, and overall operational performance, reducing costs and increasing customer satisfaction.
The utilities outage management software's open architecture and industry-standard protocols provide a high degree of flexibility in deployment and configuration, and simplify integration across multiple systems and businesses. Used by clients ranging in size from 65,000 to 4.6 million meters, CGI's outage management product has proven scalability for electric gas and water utility providers, and is supported by CGI's full spectrum of application support, integration, and business process services.
PragmaLINE Outage Management benefits
Backed by CGI's ISO 9001-certified project delivery methodologies and PragmaLINE's large user group community, the outage management solution delivers a wealth of benefits that drive operational excellence and high customer satisfaction, including the following:
- Reduced outage durations
- Restoration without violating network operating conditions or safety procedures
- Accurate outage location predictions
- Increased awareness of restoration progress
- Accurate estimated restoration times
- Fast and accurate trouble analysis
- Improved decision-making
- Improved prioritization of outages and responses (e.g., critical care facilities, life support customers)
- Minimal revenue loss due to power outages
- Seamless integration with multiple systems
PragmaLINE Outage Management features
PragmaLINE was designed by CGI's utility experts with a rich set of features that manage and enhance the entire outage restoration lifecycle—from initial detection to full restoration—including the following:
- Incident management: Provides intelligent analysis of call and incident information received from customer information and interactive voice response systems, as well as telemetry data from sources, including AMI and SCADA. Alarm and event management module provides dispatch operators with alerts and notifications configured to match their areas of interest. Storm assessment module displays a summarized state of affairs for storm outages and damage to help prioritize repairs. Web-based call taking is available, along with a dashboard that provides an executive summary of the current status of network operations, affected customers and trending information for calls and outages.
- Network management: Automates the preparation, management and validation of complex switch plans, as well as supporting objects such as tags, permits, safety documents and planned interruption notifications. Virtual representations of clearances, work permits and tags are presented in graphical and tabular displays, providing an extra layer of security for network management. Safety documents can be created, assigned, executed and verified by automated validation routines included in the switching plan creation workflow.
- Geospatial displays: Digital representations of real-world network conditions to help prevent and quickly respond to outages. Distribution network connectivity is displayed on a geographically-referenced land base, which can be enhanced by GIS information supplied by the utility. A substation modeling tool provides an interactive graphical environment for creating and editing substation and transmission connectivity.
- Regulatory and operational reporting: Generates IEEE-compliant reports are built based on standard regulatory indices, including SAIDI, CAIDI, CAIFI and ASAI. A suite of operational reports is also available to assist post-event impact analysis.
- Event replay: Simulates large-scale outage events and re-creates past outage conditions from archived data for operator training, performance testing and post-event analysis. Simulated storm events may be created ad hoc or based on an interactive query and selection of past high-volume call and outage events.
- Brochure – PragmaLINE Outage Management solution (PDF)