- OPEN GOVERNMENT HOME
- CONTACT US
Open Government: Transparency, Participation, Collaboration
Strategic Planning for Data Transparency
Within the Open Government Directive, two of the four key areas that need to be addressed by agencies focus on short- and long-term planning:
- Create and Institutionalize a Culture of Open Government - To create a sustained level of openness and accountability in every agency, senior leaders should strive to incorporate the values of transparency, participation and collaboration into the ongoing work of their agency. This will require various professional disciplines-such as policy, legal, procurement, finance and technology operations-to work together to define and to develop Open Government solutions.
- Create an Enabling Policy Framework for Open Government - Emerging technologies open new forms of communication between a government and the people. It is important that policies evolve to realize the potential of technology for open government.
CGI's Strategic Planning for Data Transparency offering can help agencies meet this challenge by:
- Assessing data quality management and/or internal control and data quality assurance maturity
- Developing a Strategic Data Quality Management Framework (SDQMF) and roadmap
- Developing a Transparency Plan / Open Government Plan
- Developing an Internal Control Plan
The value CGI provides to clients in this area is grounded in two important areas of practical experience:
- Our direct experience managing high-value data sets in the federal government, specifically with the Environmental Protection Agency's Central Data Exchange and with the Nationwide Health Information Network (PDF), which puts us at the forefront of best practices for governing information exchange, including ensuring data quality and collecting, packaging and publishing data effectively.
- We have more than 25 years of experience implementing internal controls in financial systems at more than 100 federal agencies, resulting in deep experience in designing business processes and data internal controls that routinely pass rigorous federal audits.