- U.S. FEDERAL HOME
- CONTACT US
Federal energy and environment IT solutions
a sustainable future
From energy efficient buildings and green data centers to sustainable procurement practices and alternate work strategies, federal agencies are asserting leadership in environmental, energy and economic performance.
Through our energy and environmental work for dozens of federal, state and national governments, and numerous commercial clients, CGI has the IT and domain expertise to address a full range of sustainability challenges.
Our solutions enable organizations to advance efficiency and sustainability while improving transparency, fiscal accountability and collaboration. We help clients succeed in their missions by integrating best-fit technologies for data collection and analytics, energy management, cloud computing, cybersecurity, open government and citizen services.
CGI's information-based solutions for energy-efficient facilities help agencies reduce consumption, make sound investment decisions and design modernized workspaces. Understanding that behaviors drive energy consumption, we actively engage stakeholders to facilitate change.
Offerings and capabilities
CGI capabilities for energy and environmental management include:
- Domain experience. Our dedicated energy and environmental subject matter experts have worked with the collection and integration of data for air, climate, water, waste, chemicals and energy consumption at the building, program and enterprise levels.
- Program support. We design, develop and maintain systems that support permitting, compliance, enforcement, scientific collaboration, chemical management, energy efficiency and sustainability.
- Data collection and analytics. We automate data collection and exchange from disparate systems, including remote and mobile devices. We use algorithms, modeling and dashboards to give decision makers actionable data for better decisions.
- Open standards and architecture. CGI works with open standards and open formats in an unbiased, technology independent approach.
- Quality-driven systems integration. We unify disparate systems, streamline infrastructure controls and create collaborative processes and systems, supported by ISO 9001-certified and SEI CMMI Level 3-compliant quality processes and frameworks.
- Operations and optimization. CGI's IT infrastructure optimization services include virtualization and cloud-based solutions, to help achieve sustainability goals.
Featured thought leadership and news
White papers and articles
- Leadership journal: Government's Sustainability Moment
- Getting to Green: Cut Costs and Increase Efficiency While Reducing Your Agency's Environmental Footprint
- Government Executive magazine: "Green Goals: It takes a village to launch energy savings and waste reduction programs" by Molly O'Neill
- Making it happen: Responding to federal initiatives to speed and simplify cloud adoption (PDF)
- Emerging trends in green IT (PDF)
In the news
- CGI to sponsor and speak at Realcomm 2011
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency awards CGI a contract to help transform the Agency's cybersecurity approach
- Greenwire: "Public-Private Partnerships Seen as Critical in Federal Green Power Push" (Molly O'Neill interview)
- CGI hires Billy Mays, global expert in energy management, sustainability and high-performance buildings
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency awards CGI a task order for Agency-wide Call Center Support
- U.S. General Services Administration Selects CGI for Multi-Vendor US$76M BPA for Cloud-Based Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS)
- CGI Named 2010 Greater Washington U.S. Government Contractor of the Year