- Worldwide presence
- U.S. FEDERAL HOME
- CONTACT US
U.S. federal market
Healthcare and human services
Federal healthcare is moving to a more cost-effective shared services model to remove silos and to leverage applications and platforms across multiple organizations. Agencies are adopting Web technologies that provide easy and enhanced access to consolidated clinical and administrative information. Through a strategic mix of local and enterprise resources, healthcare organizations are reaching new levels of performance and cost competitiveness. CGI provides healthcare departments and agencies with in-depth functional and technical expertise to adopt these strategies and to offer clients a focused set of solutions that help federal health organizations become more productive, cost-effective, secure and service-oriented, including:
- Provider based services - Helping both the Medicare provider community and large-scale, private-sector payers design, code, implement and support national enrollment, enumeration, financial and case management, and identity and access management systems.
- Public health surveillance - Linking office, clinic and hospital-based medical data sources to provide continuous, centralized analysis and reporting.
- Portal integration - Providing timely, accurate, secure and personalized information through a consistent, easy-to-navigate interface.
- Security - CGI’s Security Management Life Cycle (SMLC) complements agencies’ system development life cycle to adhere to their security Certification and Accreditation (C&A) methodologies and to provide a framework that embeds appropriate security activities into every phase of a system’s development.
- Enterprise architecture/service oriented architecture - Our EA and SOA approach maps closely to Federal Enterprise Architecture (FEA) reference models and integrates processes across strategic planning, SOA, project and program management, Capital Planning and Investment Control (CPIC), performance management and business operation.
- Business intelligence - Through data warehousing, business analytic tools and content/knowledge management services, CGI’s BI practice helps federal agencies develop the processes, technologies and end-user tools needed to turn data into information and information into knowledge.
- Applications development - Using our CMMI Level 3-certified methodologies, reference architectures and reusable 3-tier development frameworks, CGI offers a portfolio of custom development, legacy improvement, migration, application conversion and platform consolidation services.
- Media announcements - CGI releases updated CONNECT gateway for the NHIN Exchange
- Media announcements - “Comments for the meaningful use commenters: Specificity matters” (Dr. John Loonsk in Government Health IT)