Transport and logistics
Driving efficiencies and enhancing the passenger experience
Increasing regulation, cost pressures and competition are creating the need for greater operational efficiencies for transport and logistics companies. Passenger expectations are also on the rise driving the demand for new products and services and better, faster delivery.
CGI partners with transport and logistics clients across the globe to provide the expertise and solutions they need to drive energy and process efficiencies, launch innovative offerings, better comply with government regulation and enhance the overall customer experience. From aviation, to rail, to postal, we’re at work in various sectors to transform transport and logistics operations and deliver results.
One of our strongest solutions, Oracle Transportation Management, stems from a solid and successful partnership with Mavenwire. Oracle Transportation Management enables clients to manage the cost, flow, and storage of goods and services, as well as related information, from the point of origin to the point of consumption.
On April 25, 2013, CGI and Mavenwire signed a partnership agreement in the UK. Mavenwire is the world’s leading provider of Oracle Transport Management. Its expertise combined with CGI’s in-depth supply chain, systems integration, and outsourcing capabilities provides an unrivalled advisory and delivery capability in transport management technology solutions.
Experience and expertise
- A provider of end-to-end IT transport and logistics services, from consulting to full IT outsourcing, along with specialized IT aviation, rail, and postal services
- 30+ years of transport and logistics experience
- Program manager for one of the largest transport IT projects in the world, which encompasses the implementation of an automated traffic control, enforcement and security system in the Middle East
- In the aviation sector, service provider to 4 of the top 5 major global carriers, as well as 5 of the top 10 airports in Europe
- In the rail sector, service provider for many rail operation companies in Europe, including the market leaders for passenger and cargo transportation - Deutsche Bahn and SNCF - and three of the largest national infrastructure providers - Network Rail, ProRail and DB Netz
- Largest services provider to the postal sector in Europe
- Successful delivery of major transport and logistics IT projects across the globe, including the following:
- First biometric border control solution in Europe
- Development of the Helsinki Journey Planner, a travel planner that is the second most used website in Finland behind Google
- Billing for more than three million train movements a year for Network Rail
- Complex enterprise application support for Air Canada