- TELECOMMUNICATIONS HOME
- CONTACT US
Accelerate time-to-market with more agile rating and billing systems
The telecom market is moving from segmentation (fixed, mobile, Internet, TV) to convergence with multiple-play bundles. Increasing competition and new players (MVNO, VoIP) have resulted in accelerated product launches, price cuts, a higher focus on customer loyalty with personalized offers, an increasing focus on indirect sales though partners, and the need to tap into new business, such as machine2machine (M2M) and cloud.
Yet many CSPs still have multiple rating and billing systems running in parallel—systems that are unable to implement new or changed rate plans immediately, complex bundles and non-telecom products. In addition, current rating and billing systems are unable to bill services provided by the CSP cloud, far from using the cloud to offer "billing as a service."
CGI helps CSPs quickly adopt agile business solutions that enable them to address their fundamental needs in charging and billing to achieve rapid time to market, high levels of automation and performance, simplicity of operations and reporting, and transformation of their billing infrastructure toward an integrated system. Our solutions and services cover the following areas:
- Mediation (batch and real-time): Leveraging CGI's central European center of excellence, we offer price-efficient consulting, systems integration, hosting and application management services working with the most technologically advanced third parties in the market, such as Digital Route, Comptel and Enterest.
- Rating (batch and real-time): Based upon CGI's IP-based solutions Tapestry rating, billing and order orchestration (a third-generation convergent billing system with seven U.S. patents), AERS (Abridged External Rating System) and Tapestry Adjunct Rater (TAR), we offer a full range of consulting, systems integration and managed services for rating and billing.
- Billing for residential and enterprise market customers: Again, based on CGI's Tapestry rating, billing and order orchestration system, we offer the full range of consulting, systems integration, and managed services for rating and billing. In addition, we have proven experience and know-how to integrate market-leading billing solutions from companies such as Oracle, BRM, SAP and Convergys.
- Billing for customers, leveraging the cloud: In addition to onsite solutions, CGI offers "billing as a service" based on our Tapestry Cloud Billing offering or leading third party rating and billing software from SAP, and an integration layer using Software AG, with our Mass-Data-Billing solution.
- Billing for other carriers: Based on CGI's Inter-settler solution, we offer a fast and ready solution that manages the interconnect, roaming and international business billing of leading mobile operators and MVNOs. In addition, we have proven experience and know how in integrating market-leading roaming solutions such as Telarix and Basset.
- Billing for roaming partners: CGI's manages the end-to-end roaming billing process for clients through our INTransit mobile roaming billing solution and full-range of consulting, systems integration and managed services. In addition, we have proven experience and know how in integrating other market-leading roaming solutions, including Telarix and Basset.
- Billing for retailers and other sales channels: Through CGI's eINcent Enterprise Incentive Management and our end-to-end services we offer digital commissions and channel management for communications services providers.