Data warehousing and business intelligence
CGI designs solutions to enable your employees to make fast, accurate and intelligent business decisions. We know that effective Business Intelligence (BI) and data warehousing initiatives require the integration of advanced technologies, careful consideration of data architecture, and clear insight into market trends, customer behavior and business patterns. Each of these elements also is fundamental to successful customer relationship management initiatives, for example.
CGI defines an overall vision for adopting BI approaches and technologies to enhance an organization's business performance. The CGI BI Strategy is based upon determining the critical analytical uses of the BI environment as well as creating a vision for integrating that environment into the larger business and technical environment. CGI leverages advanced technologies, sophisticated approaches to data architecture, and innovative business concepts, including organizational development and change management, to:
- Develop a BI strategy with tangible business and technical objectives
- Select the right blend of business and technology experts for your project using a risk-based staffing approach
- Optimize the balance between existing infrastructure investments and the promise of new technology
- Deliver the solution in phases to minimize risk and create early business value
Example environments defined by the CGI BI Strategy include: data marts, data warehouses, operational data stores, decision engines and analytical applications, and knowledge discovery initiatives (e.g., data mining and visualization).
- Government offering - Enterprise Intelligence360™, a best-in-class BI and performance management solution that combines CGI's deep public sector expertise and extensive BI knowledge with market-leading SAP BusinessObjects solutions
- Brochure - Business Intelligence Services (PDF)
- White papers:
- Business Intelligence - Enabling Transparency across the Enterprise (PDF)
- Business Intelligence: Seven steps to improved business intelligence through data discovery (PDF)
- Predictive analytics - The rise and value of predictive analytics in enterprise decision making (PDF)
- Article - "The Service – Product Feedback Loop," by CGI's Matt Kuckuk