Systems integration and consulting services
To thrive in today’s business environment, organizations must be able to effectively share information and collaborate both internally and externally, as well as reach and serve customers through multiple channels. CGI provides the expertise, technologies and processes organizations need to break down silos, connect people, share information and ideas, collaborate across borders and provide customers with richer purchasing and service experiences.
The technologies we work with
Our experts work with clients to facilitate communication and collaboration among their various stakeholders using innovative technologies, systems, solutions and network protocols, including the following:
- Service oriented architecture (SOA) – Helps organizations break down silos within and between enterprises and create new collaborative processes on the fly through inexpensive, timely and multiple use development.
- Web 2.0 – We guide clients through the adoption of rich Internet-based applications (e.g., collaboration forums, wikis, RSS, blogs and other social media) and provide identity authentication solutions to address organizations’ security and privacy concerns
- Collaborative software solutions – Our experts help clients select, implement and integrate solutions for Web-based, client/server and mobile platforms, such as IBM Workplace, Microsoft Sharepoint/Exchange and Novell GroupWise.
- Multi-platform environments – We work effectively in multi-platform environments, including Windows, Linux and UNIX.
- Directory services – Examples of what we offer include Active Directory, e-Directory and IBM Director.
- Messaging – Our expertise encompasses SMTP, POP and IMAP and more.
- Networks – We work with TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, and firewalls, along with file and printing networks.
The services we offer
CGI’s collaborative technology expert use our proven delivery methodology to ensure successful execution across all project lifecycle stages—from analysis and strategy development to solution architecture, design, development, integration and ongoing support. Our key services include:
- Collaborative infrastructure deployment – CGI guides you through your assessment initiatives, including business case justification, cost benefit analysis and infrastructure evaluation and optimization. We recommend and implement new collaborative technology resources and functionality, such as platform and server consolidation.
- Cross-channel commerce – To stay competitive, companies that have relied solely on in-store, call center and Web channels in the past need to invest in new channels such as mobile devices, in-store kiosks, social media, e-mail, microsites, etc. In addition, these channels need to be seamlessly integrated and continually updated with pricing, promotions, and user-generated content (e.g., ratings and reviews). CGI assists clients with commerce strategy development; user experience design and implementation; creative Web, mobile and social site design; commerce platform implementation; content management system implementation; integration; and hosting/support services.
- Electronic conferencing – Whether your business operates from a central location or your distributed workforce is around the country or globe, electronic conferencing brings your people together for meaningful dialogue and collaboration. Our conferencing solutions include video and voice conferencing, team rooms, Internet forums and instant messaging (IM).
- Electronic communication – Enhance both internal and external communications by leveraging CGI’s solutions for e-mail, voice mail, calendar systems, application publishing, and mobile and wireless communication.
- Collaborative management systems – Our expertise covers a broad spectrum of collaborative management systems—from project management and workflow systems to time management and knowledge management systems. We can help you assess your needs, evaluate your options and select and implement the best systems for your organization.
The benefits we deliver
Through our collaborative technologies expertise and solutions, CGI clients gain the following benefits:
- Aligning collaborative technologies and approaches with business objectives
- Fostering internal knowledge sharing to improve productivity and quality
- Breaking down silos to increase organizational agility
- Building customer communities to increase loyalty and “stickiness”
- Enhancing employee and customer self-service to reduce costs
Using interactive channels to reach new markets and customers
- Technology viewpoints - Helping organizations achieve the promises of Web 2.0 (listen to the podcast)
- Technology viewpoints - Informal Learning: How Internet technology enables organizations to enhance collaboration and performance
- Technology viewpoints - Open source 2.0 for content management systems: Embracing open source technologies to increase savings and achieve other advantages