Revolutionizing the global trade operations workflow
TradeFlow is an innovative document imaging and workflow application specifically developed for processing trade finance transactions, offering banks a cost-effective solution to implement strategic, paperless operating models. Whether the bank wants to have distributed customer service locations feeding regional or centralized porcessing center, or just wants to squeeze out the inefficiencies of paper processing. TradeFlow provides everything the bank needs to accomplish that. No more tedious searching filing cabinets and storage boxes for trade documents, printed SWIFT messages, fax documents and other related information. Instead, incoming documents are captured, stored, prioritized and distributed appropriately for processing paperlessly.
By converting physical paper documents to digital images, TradeFlow makes documents available across your organization in real-time. The solution supports hub and spoke processing so information can be transmitted from local customer service branches to a centralized location where skilled trade service representatives, that adhere to the industries best practices and standards, can be utilized to maximize efficiency, ensure high-quality service and achieve economies of scale.
As a component of CGI’s Trade360 Global Trade Platform it is fully integrated with the other components, the Trade Process System and the Portal. However, banks who are not replacing their back-office systems can connect the TradeFlow component to their existing back-office systems to achieve the benefits of a having a flexible and paperless operating model.
Initially developed with FileNet's® image management software (Panagon), TradeFlow is openly architected, providing the ability to alternatively incorporate your bank's existing imaging and workflow standards. TradeFlow is highly scalable, supports global, large, or medium-sized business operations and is accessible via an easy-to-use Web browser interface that enables easy rollout of the system across your organization.
Additionally, there is a hosted version of TradeFlow which provides the following additional benefits:
- Lower total cost of ownership - The hosted version of TradeFlow provides a low cost alternative to the option of purchasing or building and supporting an imaging and workflow solution internally.
- Reliable technology hosted in redundant, physically separated data centers linked by a dedicated high-speed network for maximum availability.
TradeFlow technical advantages:
- Expertise - Leveraging our extensive trade finance expertise along with our partner's best-of-breed products, CGI is capable of providing advanced technological solutions, as well as expert insight into the technology.
- Flexibility - Component package modules easily integrate with the bank's current back-office systems. The optional Citrix server architecture further expands the rollout possibilities to remote sites.
- Reliability - TradeFlow is a stable and robust solution with a low implementation life cycle. In addition, TradeFlow requires very low maintenance, limiting its support structure to one person.