Computer Assisted Collection System for Government (CACS-G)
The effective management of delinquent accounts receivables continues to be a critical issue, as agencies are challenged to collect from delinquent taxpayers with fewer resources. CGI's Computer-assisted Collection System for Government (CACS-G) is the market-leading collections system built specifically to help government organizations overcome this challenge. It has been implemented in more large clients than all of our competitors combined, and it is the only system which has been audited to have increased taxes collected.
The powerful CACS®-G system pioneered the use of automated collections, predictive dialers and behavior scoring treatments, and launched the movement from age-based to risk-based collections in the public sector. CACS-G has helped 20 states dramatically increase delinquent collections by 10-35% from taxpayers who fail to file returns or who file but cannot pay all that they owe. The implementations have resulted in over $2.25 billion in additional revenue collected without raising taxes.
CACS-G provides online access to all account information, and schedules, tracks and monitors the follow-up activities on accounts. The solution also provides sophisticated collector performance and trend analysis reporting for more effective management of compliances operations. CACS-G allows you to efficiently manage your compliance operations, delivering the following bottom-line results:
- Treat taxpayers consistently regardless of location or stage of delinquency
- Automatically assign accounts to collectors and to automated treatments when these can have a major effect
- Reduce work preparation time by automatically prioritizing accounts
- Reduce callbacks and time-consuming research by providing collectors with complete account information
- Supply account inventory and throughput intelligence to optimize the deployment of collectors
- Reduce training time needed for new collectors through the use of scripts and easy-to-understand screen layouts
- Automatically monitor collection activities and collectors and collection groups
For more information, contact CGI's U.S. tax and revenue practice.
- Issue paper –- A proven path for improving government debt collection (PDF)
- Issue paper – The next generation of government debt collection practices (PDF)
- Brochure - CACS-G (PDF)
- Brochure - CACS and Strata for Government (PDF)
- Tax, revenue and collections services and solutions