Oil and gas – End-to-end services
All you need from a single provider
CGI provides end-to-end services, including systems integration, strategic consulting, business solutions and the full management of IT and business functions, including application management, infrastructure services and business process services. In addition to our oil and gas work, CGI has deep practice areas to supplement and deliver the right technical services that are needed to efficiently implement our oil and gas solutions. For example, using our leading data management services, CGI monitors and responds immediately to any related database problem, ensuring continuous uptime and performance of your applications. CGI also provides specialized consulting services that include technology and business consulting, project management and systems integration.
Our integration services exploit data published inside and outside of the business to generate electronic information that can be shared with other stakeholders.
With CGI, clients achieve the automated generation and delivery of messages between business applications and receive alerts if a delivery outage is encountered or a message fails to meet format or content validation requirements in the receiving application. In addition, there are options for invoking data processing in the receiving application. For example, a user in a production accounting application can submit data and execute the financial posting process in the accounting application. In addition, all CGI implementations align with the following principles:
- Reduced integration complexity through the adoption of PPDM (Professional Petroleum Data Management Association) standards for XML formatted data exchange
- Event-driven system that focuses on identifying events within a business application that are important to users/departments without direct access to the application
- Defined authoritative sources where the client determines which application is the authoritative source
- Holistic approach with adoption of PPDM data element definitions and formats
- Security, confidentiality and protection, and support of SOX requirements and LDAP authentication
- Proven standards and technologies; we don't apply customizations to purchased (licensed) tools/libraries or open source libraries
- Pursuit of total cost of ownership where we define and support "certified environments" for a given application
- Modular and service-based design to avoid, identify and eliminate anti-design patterns, and improve awareness/knowledge of SOA patterns
Representative services include the following:
- Data management services – provides a full range of onsite and remote database administration, database monitoring and database support services
- Management consulting services – provides skilled professionals specializing in consulting services who have in-depth expertise in all facets of clients' business and technology environments, enabling us to not only consult but to implement and manage solutions