- IT OUTSOURCING SERVICES HOME
- CONTACT US
Global delivery model
A solid global delivery model tailored to your business needs
CGI’s global delivery model helps drive down costs and speed up implementation of strategic initiatives. Our global delivery services include application management, infrastructure services or systems integration and consulting services, or any combination of the three. CGI’s global delivery network includes centers in Canada, the United States, Europe and Asia.
Global delivery network
Click on the features of CGI’s global delivery network to learn more about our model and its main advantages.
Local and global presence
- Maintains onsite delivery of IT activities that benefit from client proximity
- Flexible, expandable support through a customized combination of the best resources from CGI onshore, nearshore and offshore centers
- Global network of resources able to supply IT skills at highly competitive prices
- Locally based support, quick response time and accountability through CGI’s business model, which prioritizes client proximity when the client’s IT operations require it
With CGI’s governance model and approach our clients benefit from a personalized global delivery solution tailored to a range of factors, including the following:
|Client proximity requirements||Low||High|
|Interaction with end users||Low||High|
|Legal and regulatory requirements||Low||High|
CGI designs its service offering according to these parameters and tailors it to clients’ changing needs.
Stringent governance and quality standards
- IT activities requiring client proximity continue to be carried out onsite
- Client-centered IT governance aligns roles and responsibilities and service levels and costs while creating lasting business value
- Coherent productivity tools and processes guarantee services are reliable and effective across our global delivery network
- Successful transition management through proven knowledge management and transfer methodologies to ensure knowledge retention
- Clear and comprehensive reporting provides transparency and allows clients to stay in control
Cost and value benefits
- Achieving financial goals without compromising client satisfaction
- Maximizing productivity, flexibility, agility and effectiveness while reducing operational complexity
- Focusing on strategic growth rather than back-office operations
- Making the most of flexible contracts and commercial agreements
Global delivery services
Many large organizations around the world use CGI’s global delivery services for partial or full IT outsourcing services or for project-specific initiatives. Representative examples of our global delivery model in action include the following:
- Global financial services provider: To pursue growth and shore up its long-term viability, this institution called on CGI’s North American onshore and nearshore delivery centers to manage a global portfolio of functions centered on application development and maintenance, enabling it to drive down costs and expand its expertise.
- Major health insurer: To reduce response times, stabilize its systems and cut costs, this insurer asked CGI to take on responsibility for its application development and maintenance, support, production testing and deployment operations through a combination of services provided onshore, nearshore and offshore.
- Large telecommunications company: Working with several delivery centres onshore and offshore, CGI provides infrastructure and application maintenance services that have enabled this client to reduce costs considerably while maintaining best-in-class service levels.
- Select delivery center profiles:
- Video archives:
Features of Quebec's global delivery center, Troy, Alabama, center opening, Former Governor Tim Kaine's visit to CGI's Southwest Virginia center and President Barack Obama commending CGI on its diversified delivery approach
Experience and expertise
- 95% of projects delivered on time and on budget
- Global delivery centers on 4 continents
- Top industry certifications, including ISO 9001, CMMI 3 and 5, ISO 27001 and ISO 20000
- More than 35 years of building global delivery capacity