Property and casualty (P&C)
The property and casualty (P&C) industry faces some of the most significant challenges in its history—rising costs, new and heightened coverage risks, increased regulation, changing demographics, industry consolidation and expensive legacy systems, to name a few. But these challenges are also opportunities and, in the midst of them, CGI's full suite of P&C services and solutions are helping carriers achieve the following:
- Quickly bring new products to market
- Attract and retain loyal customers, brokers and employees
- Process claims swiftly and accurately
- Energize the underwriting and rating process
- Modernize legacy systems
- Improve processes and workflows
- Harness data for improved decision-making
- Integrate multiple sales channels
- Interconnect with new partners and services
- Rapidly integrate mergers and acquisitions
CGI has been deeply entrenched in the P&C industry for decades, working extensively on both the transaction and technology sides. We not only understand the P&C business, we can perform virtually any part of a P&C operation.
Our experts have the credentials, experience and know-how to transform P&C operations, as well as a track record of on-time, on-budget delivery based on CGI's rigorous project management approach.
Here are just some of the reasons our expertise stands out in the industry:
- More than 160 insurance clients worldwide
- Provider for 6 of the top 10 global property and casualty and life insurers
- Provider for 12 out of the top 13 U.S. P&C carriers
- Top industry certifications and standards
- Flexible onshore, nearshore and offshore global delivery options
- Broad partner network
- Millions of core business transactions processed annually
- Industry-focused solutions, as well as individual carrier solutions
- Knowledge gained through the custom-build of insurance solutions on leading platforms
P&C services and solutions
CGI offers services and solutions that cover every aspect of a P&C insurer's business. Proven to increase efficiencies, reduce costs and drive revenue, our P&C services and solutions include the following:
Note: The primary location for the following offerings are noted within each description. If you have a business need for one of these offerings in a location not noted, please contact us so we can adapt the service and solution for your location and needs.
- Management and technology advisory and delivery services (Canada, U.S., Europe): CGI offers a full range of management consulting and technology services, including operational strategy development; package selection; third-party system integration; complex program, change and project management; custom application development and application management services; and advanced automated testing solutions.
- Internet solutions (Canada, Europe): CGI leverages the latest technologies to create Web and mobile applications that connect your customers across the insurance value chain.
- Insurance document management services (U.S.): CGI's iDMS optimizes your printing and document environment, significantly reducing costs, improving business performance and managing risk.
- Checkpoint (Canada and U.S.): CGI's Checkpoint offers complete pre-insurance inspection and physical damage inspection services, all with high-speed access capabilities, which subsequently reduce costs, improve customer service, streamline operations and maintain a competitive advantage.
- Enterprise content management (U.S.): CGI's ECM solutions integrate and streamline processes to make pertinent data more accessible across the enterprise. The results include improved performance, intelligent decisions, greater productivity and reduced risk.
- Regulatory and statistical reporting (U.S.): CGI's STATS system is capable of handling all facets of your reporting needs, thereby keeping you compliant with both statistical and state regulatory requirements while receiving proven, comprehensive and cost-effective services that are seamless, timely and accurate.
- Additional services (Canada): Canadian clients benefit from a number of CGI's information services, including personal automobile, personal property and commercial property offerings. These analytic, data and information products and services assist P&C insurance carriers in managing and visualizing policy and claims risks, including fraud, and improving business process efficiency and understanding their business performance.
- Insurance Fusion360 (U.S.): Insurance Fusion360 is an end-to-end, fully integrated and scalable suite of insurance processing applications that handle core insurance functions for mid- to large-size carriers, including policy administration, claims administration, billing and rating. By seamlessly integrating the industry's most innovative insurance solutions, Insurance Fusion360 empowers carriers to simplify complex system challenges, streamline operations, go to market faster, reduce costs and gain a competitive edge.
- CGI Edge™ (Canada and U.S.): Our CGI Edge™ solution is a fully integrated, easily configured, web-based suite of core insurance solutions designed to be a complete processing hub for an insurance carrier. We deliver a suite of best practices across all of your core processes--policy, billing, claims, rating, and more.
- Ratabase® (Canada, U.S., Europe): CGI's Ratabase solution is a comprehensive set of powerful and flexible productivity tools that transform your rating into an extensible strategic core asset by externalizing the complex business logic associated with rating, automated underwriting, rate modeling and enterprise incentive management. Ratabase supports the manual creation of rates as well as ISO's Electronic Rating Content in the US. In 2012, CGI was named an ISO ERC Associate, meaning that CGI has successfully demonstrated our ability to support the consumption and maintenance of ISO content.
- Insurance business intelligence solution (Europe and Canada) : CGI's out-of-the-box configurable and flexible business intelligence framework tailored specifically for the needsof the insurance industry.