- GOVERMENT HOME
- MEDIA CENTER
- CONTACT US
Tax, revenue and collections
Transforming the business of tax, revenue and government collections management
Tax and revenue agencies are under constant pressure to find ways to maximize revenue and efficiency and improve constituent services. They realize that achieving these goals requires taking a strategic view of the enterprise. Success only comes with the alignment of all elements of an organization—people, processes and technology—with an overall strategy.
CGI helps tax, revenue and government collections clients transform their IT and business processes to achieve dramatic revenue increases in as little as 3 to 5 months after projects begin. The results have been certified by government audits, consistently showing an increase in collections of 10 to 45 percent. We also help clients achieve higher levels of voluntary compliance by making it easier to do business with government.
CGI has worked with over 25 tax, revenue and customs clients in federal, central, state, provincial and local governments across the U.S., Europe, Canada and Australia. These relationships—and the many former senior government tax and revenue officials who work at CGI—give us a detailed, front-line understanding of client challenges.
Our focused offerings for tax and revenue agencies include:
- Collections – industry-leading, web-enabled solutions for collections, recovery and decision management such as our market-leading collections case management system, CACS®-G (Computer Assisted Collection System for Government) and Strata® decision engine, both part of our CGI Collections360 for Government suite
- Integrated tax – innovative systems that support taxpayer identification and registration, returns processing and taxpayer and revenue accounting through modern service-oriented, data-driven architectures
- Fraud prevention and audit – broad experience in helping government detect under-reporting, combat fraud and implement sophisticated, comprehensive audit solutions
- Benefits funding – leadership in benefits-funded projects where CGI is paid a fixed price only after attributable benefits measured by increased revenues are realized
- Consulting – professional advisory services performed by true experts to provide strategic vision and planning, operational assessments, business case development, business process renewal and change management.
Experience and expertise
- We have helped to improve tax administration for 6 national agencies in North America, Europe and Australia.
- Our government clients have certified more than $3.5 billion in incremental revenue that would not have been collected without our projects.
- The CGI-built Money Claims on Line system for pursuing debt claims in the UK courts averages over 600 payments per day, resulting in over £1.25 million in payments per month for the UK’s Ministry of Justice.
- CGI-developed systems have supported the City of New York since 1987 with the efficient enforcement and collection of $11+ billion for violations issued related to parking, red traffic lights, bus lanes, speeding and transit (subway and bus) regulations.
- An article about use of collection agencies by Gov't: http://t.co/sjsxElEbiK - #...
- A new article about massive sales tax fraud at restaurants: http://t.co/y9DoEFFB...
- We are looking forward to the @NASBO Spring meeting, and learning about the upco...
- Another article on how technology can help citizens better interact with Gov't (...
- RT @NASBO: Join us in #Vermont for our 70th Annual Meeting, registration now ope...