- GOVERMENT HOME
- CONTACT US
Central and federal government
Modernizing complex operations for better government
With increasing pressure on budgets, central and federal governments seek to maximize revenues and efficiency, and reduce costs, without sacrificing the quality of public services for citizens. All of this requires technology that automates processes, integrates data from numerous sources, and adapts easily to change.
For more than 37 years, CGI has helped governments modernize their programs to meet these needs in defense and intelligence, health and human services, public safety and justice, tax, revenue and collections and space, as well as agriculture, education and environment. Our client experience in North America includes over 100 U.S. federal agency clients and more than 95 Canadian federal clients. In Europe, we work with the European Commission and central governments in 8 countries.
CGI's government-focused offerings improve public accounting, financial management, HR and payroll management, as well as procurement and e-purchasing. We also transform collections and recovery programs with our leading CGI Collections360® for Government solution. Additionally, CGI works with clients in areas such as mobile solutions and big data and help them effectively leverage key technologies such as cloud computing to support transformation programs.
Experience and expertise
- We have helped to improve tax administration for 6 national agencies in North America, Europe and Australia
- Our Chorus financial information system is being used by all public ministries of the French government
- CGI solutions manage the financials of 100+ U.S. federal agencies
- Since 2008, we have connected 2,600 suppliers, 7,500 users, 6,000 temporary contractors, 5 ministries and the Dutch Tax and Customs Administration to our purchasing platform (EBF 1.1), processing over 750,000 invoices
- CGI processes visas in 57 countries totalling over half the U.S. visas processed around the world
- Ensuring uptime of Canada's import/export permitting control system is paramount to maintaining its economic stability. Canadians rely on CGI to host and maintain this system in order to ensure the constant daily flow of goods across their borders
- 700 public high schools in France use our virtual learning environment solution
Case studySuccessful deployment of Chorus for Agence pour l'informatique financière de l'État, France