CGI Advantage® Procurement
Supporting efficient, best-value purchasing
With Vendor Self Service (VSS), agencies can encourage the vendors to register on their own… or we've given the agencies the authority to register vendors or set up new vendor customer records in the system through a forms model, so that they just workflow to our office for approval.
Doug Cotnoir, Director of ERP Operations,
State of Maine
Public sector procurement is not just about getting the price down. It is about managing the relationships, contracts, bids and information that fuels overall buying power and drives decision making.
CGI Advantage helps state and local governments streamline the purchasing process with a solution that reduces costs and increases efficiency. By incorporating workflow, automating processes and rolling out self-service, CGI Advantage clients manage the purchasing lifecycle-including contract, solicitation and workload management, and vendor and shopper self-service-and comply with government-specific purchasing rules and best practices.
- Automate the procurement process to manage relationships, not just contracts
- Evaluate bids more quickly to increase the percentage of quotes and create more options
- Access negotiated price lists to allow end users to take greater advantage of negotiated prices from easy-to-use cataloging
- Incorporate rules-based approval and automated workflow to control spending while reducing time to source a requisition
- Benefit from online self-service to allow vendors to maintain their own information from a central vendor profile
- Allow vendors to track opportunities online, responding electronically with fast information on awards
- Reduce costs by automating routine spending, consolidating purchasing and creating larger cooperative purchasing opportunities
With CGI Advantage, organizations such as the City of Dallas, State of Missouri and Prince William County Public Schools, Virginia, are partnering with their vendor community, providing self-service for registration, opportunities and solicitations. The Commonwealth of Virginia’s eVA program, the largest statewide e-procurement system in the country, uses CGI Advantage to serve more than 170 state agencies and institutions, 575 local governments and 53,000 suppliers. As of April 2013, the system had reduced the cost of goods and services by $368 million.
For more information, contact CGI at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-800 321-0267.