CGI at a glance
Experience the commitment™
We understand that success in the services business is contingent on retaining and attracting the best talent—talent like you. At CGI, our team of professionals is dedicated and driven to help our clients succeed. Get to know more about our history, offerings, markets and clients.
- > Overview
- > Overview
Our services and solutions
- > Overview
- > Overview
In June 1976, two 26 year old entrepreneurs, Serge Godin and André Imbeau, started CGI in the basement of Serge's home. They had one client, one phone and, most importantly, a lot of ambition. By the end of our first year, CGI had generated $138,000 in revenue. From that point on, our revenue and size increased consistently year after year. Today, there are 69,000 of us in 40 countries.
View our materials from our 35th anniversary in 2011.
CGI has a comprehensive portfolio of offerings that improve all facets of our clients' operations:
- Systems integration and consulting — strategic plans, system architecture, system development and implementation of business and technology solutions
- Application management — day-to-day maintenance and improvement of clients' business applications
- Infrastructure services — comprehensive infrastructure management capabilities that adapt to clients' unique business needs and service priorities
- Business process services — management of back-office business processes to streamline operations
- Proprietary solutions — large portfolio of 100+ mission-critical solutions that reduce costs and create operational efficiencies
CGI offers its end-to-end services to a select set of economic sectors in which we have deep business and technical expertise.
- Government and healthcare — helping hundreds of federal, provincial and state governments, hospitals and healthcare systems
- Financial services — helping leading institutions, including most major banks in the Americas and Europe as well as property & casualty, health and life insurers
- Telecommunications and utilities — helping global telecom providers and more than 60 utilities in North America and Europe
- Retail and distribution — helping over 250 retailers and leading companies from multiple distribution segments and channels
- Manufacturing — helping global leaders from multiple manufacturing segments, including aerospace, mining and metals, chemicals, and oil and gas
Joining CGI gives you the opportunity to work closely with brand-name clients in both the commercial and government sectors. Read a sampling of the exciting and challenging work we perform across the globe and then listen to our professionals talk about our client commitment.
Driven to serve as a partner of choice
- Cirque du Soleil®: Wherever Cirque du Soleil shines on the world stage, it relies on CGI for its information technology needs. We support the premier entertainment company through an exclusive IT outsourcing services partnership and also partner with 250+ leading retailers.
- U.S. General Services Administration (GSA): CGI works with long-time partner GSA in a variety of areas, including being one of the first companies to deliver cloud computing infrastructure services for federal agencies. GSA is among CGI's 100+ U.S. federal agency clients, along with leading federal, state, provincial and local government clients across the U.S., Canada, Europe and Australia.
- Société Générale (SG): This global financial institution chose CGI as one of three preferred global IT suppliers. Our professionals provide application development and support services to SG locations worldwide. CGI counts as clients 23 of the top 25 banks in the Americas and 16 of the top 25 in Europe.
- CIGNA: Healthcare giant CIGNA relies on CGI to manage its large application portfolio. CGI also serves 1,000+ healthcare organizations, including 250+ hospitals and departments of health, and 160+ global property and casualty, life and commercial health insurance carriers, plus agencies and brokers.
- Vodafone: Vodafone Group Plc is the world's largest mobile telecommunications company with more than 341 million customers. CGI is a long-term partner of Vodafone DE in developing, managing and evolving its e-commerce strategy and platform, and CGI works with most leading telcos across the globe.
- Rio Tinto Alcan: This large, international mining company is a long-term CGI partner. Our professionals manage Rio Tinto Alcan's extensive application portfolio and support other leading manufacturers, plus 18 of the top 35 oil and gas upstream producers.