Our local team
CGI’s client proximity model places our account teams in the communities in which our clients live and work. In California, hundreds of local CGI professionals represent a wealth of collective wisdom and deep domain expertise for the state. They provide their talents to our state and local government clients as well as to numerous community organizations in California.
| CGI CEO Michael E. Roach presents|
a 2011 Builders Award to Gerri Magers
Gerri Magers receives CGI’s 2011 Builders Award
- The CGI Builders Award formally recognizes those members who have made an outstanding contribution to the growth and success of our company. CGI's State of California account team is proud to announce that Gerri Magers has received this prestigious award for 2011. Gerri has brought to CGI a history as a devoted and talented leader of some of the most complex state government functions for the State of California, with a particular focus on health and human services programs. Since joining CGI in the 1990s, Gerri has been a force for the company, a true advisor to our clients, and a builder of an intensely strong community of members in the Sacramento office.
Meet CGI's California executives
Josetta Bull, Vice President and Strategic Account Manager
- Leading our State of California government practice is Josetta Bull with more than 36 years of government experience, working in both the public and private sectors. Josetta has served as Chief Information Officer for the Employment Development Department (EDD), Deputy Director of EDD’s Disability Insurance Branch, Assistant Deputy Director of Project Management Division, and Project Manager of the Governor’s Labor Exchange Task Force. Her areas of expertise include business and technology strategic planning, governance, strategic sourcing and procurement, IT assessments, application and system requirements definition and development, organizational management, project management, project oversight and administration of government programs.
Gerri Magers, Vice President and CGI Enterprise Data to Revenue Project Director
- Gerri brings with her over 32 years of experience in state government information technology projects, working 21 of those years directly for the State of California. Her expertise includes client engagement management, implementation management and extensive knowledge of government health and human services programs. Gerri served as CGI Engagement Manager for Child Support Services Automation System (CCSAS), the largest state health and human services automation project in the U.S. Her project oversight for CGI's State of California account includes the areas of Tax and Revenue, Health and Human Services and Labor, and IT consulting for strategic planning.
Rick Davis, Vice President and Chief Technology Officer
- Rick has worked with public sector organizations in IT for 15 years. His experience spans 25 public sector organizations across five states, the majority in California. Rick is responsible for developing and deploying innovative technologies for large public sector clients. He is also responsible for technology strategy, architecture, software development and ongoing support for all software products and solutions for CGI clients in California. As a member of CGI’s Technology Council, Rick provides guidance on CGI technology leadership initiatives and creates synergies between client initiatives.
Cheryl Hotaling, Vice President
- Cheryl is responsible for delivery oversight and quality assurance, financial and contract management and client relationships. She has spent more than 20 years working in both the public and private sectors delivering IT solutions for various State of California agencies and departments. Her experience includes the direct delivery and oversight of large-scale system integration projects, independent project oversight, software development and independent verification and validation and quality assurance. Prior to joining CGI in November 2010, Cheryl served as 21st Century Project Manager for the State of California, Chief Information Officer for the Department of Child Support Services and Deputy Director for the Health and Human Services Agency Data Center. She also spent more than seven years performing project oversight and delivery and business development for various Sacramento-based consulting firms.
Josh Nisbet, Vice President
- Josh has more than 15 years of experience working with California government in private sector sales leadership roles. Josh leads CGI’s sales and capture teams in Sacramento, applying his knowledge of the state’s government operations and associated service delivery models to CGI’s “built-for-government” solutions portfolio to create meaningful value propositions for California government innovation. Josh also manages CGI’s local relationships throughout the Sacramento partner community, represents CGI in various local industry organizations, and develops and implements CGI’s local market growth strategic plan.